1/25/2016 0 Comments
Gluten Free Savory Chai Bread
this Savory Chai Bread is delicious and packed with protein & fiber and almost no sugar, you can omit the molasses completely, I prefer to use a little to add to the richness and caramelization....
1/2c coconut oil
1/4c canned coconut milk or cream
1/2c bhakti chai concentrate
2T vanilla bean paste
2T unsulphured molasses
1c sifted coconut flour
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a metal baking round, square or bread pan with parchment paper
2. Bring all ingredients to room temperature
3. Mix vanilla, molasses & milk
4. Sift flour and stir in salt & cinnamon (dry ingredients)
5. Beat eggs on high to pale yellow & frothy
6. Pour mix milk mixture into eggs along the side of the bowl and use a spatula to incorporate
7. Gently fold dry ingredients in being careful to not over mix
8. Bake for 30 minutes in a round or square...up to an hour in a bread pan...until the bread is light and springs back to the touch/toothpick test
***1/2c chocolate chips or nuts is also delicious
Leave a Reply.
Below are my article contributions and podcasts...
MoveOnPast podcast, episode 8
~honoring space to hear my inner knowing
~enhancing our awareness
~the benefits of a flow & restore practice
~we need to stay curious as yoga teachers
~small moments of stillness to carry me through the day
~elephant journal contributions...
~how my flow & restore practice has helped me relinquish old stories
~cultivating intentional rest through restorative yoga